For your safety, and that of our staff, we are implementing COVID-19 procedures to minimize everyone’s exposure to respiratory pathogens. Please note that we may need to make adjustments to these procedures based on changing guidelines from the CDC. We will review the new protocols when you schedule your appointment.
- We have changed our schedule, practice processes and office set-up to meet the recommended COVID-19 guidelines.
- We have removed all reading material and refreshments from the reception area.
- We will stretch our schedule with longer appointment intervals in order to accommodate social distancing and extra disinfection procedure protocols.
- Prior to your appointment, we will call you to go through a COVID screening questionnaire. If there are any concerns, we will have to reschedule your appointment.
- We request that you arrive at your appointed time wearing a mask.
- No one can accompany you into the office, including children or pets. Any one that came with you will have to wait in the car.
- On arrival, please wait in the outside lobby, and one of our staff will greet you and measure your temperature. If it is 100.4 or lower, you will be invited to enter the office. If it is 100.5 or higher, you will be asked to go home and call your PCP.
- On entry into the office, we ask that you to wash your hands in the restroom next to the entry door.
- New Check In / Check Out procedures
- If possible, we prefer that the reception room remain empty. If you need to sit, we will direct you to a seat.
- In most cases, we will take you directly back to the treatment room where you will be the entire time of your visit with us.
- Once your appointment is completed, we will schedule your next appointment in the treatment room and take payment while you are in your treatment room, unless there is no one in the hallways or another patient at the desk.
- CDC guidelines recommend that we minimize speaking in the treatment rooms. Therefore, if there needs to be a longer discussion, we will schedule a FT or virtual appointment to do so.
- If you use the hall bathroom, we ask that you let us know so we can disinfect it.
- Follow ups that do not require additional treatment, will be done virtually by telemedicine or FT.
We are accepting New Patients/Consultations.
We recommend that the initial consultation be done virtually, in order to minimize time in the office. If you would like to schedule a virtual consult, please email Erin@aestheticpittsburgh.com.