Thin is always in, but now so is having a bootie (thank goodness). Watch any television show, movie or music video and you will see bodies of all types. Songs and lyrics proclaim that all body types are in. Dancers and even super models come in all sizes and shapes. In America’s Top Model you will see short models, tall models, curvaceous models, flat-chested models, and sexy models. They all willingly and confidently share their bodies and their individuality.
Put simply, there’s not one “right way” to look. Nor is it about weight anymore. All of us can look good, and feel good about ourselves, regardless of our natural body type. Bodybuilding.com describes three basic body types and their primary characteristics as follows:
- Narrow hips and clavicles
- Small joints (wrist/ankles)
- Thin build
- Stringy muscle bellies
- Long limbs
- Wide clavicles
- Narrow waist
- Thinner joints
- Long and round muscle bellies
- Large bone structure
- Naturally athletic physique
- Thick rib cage
- Wide/thicker joints
- Wide hips
- Shorter limbs
We’ve learned by now, hopefully, that we more or less fit a “body type” and that there are things that we simply cannot change. What is clear is that remaining frustrated or unhappy because of our natural body shape is counter productive.
All of the popular performers, models, fitness freaks and others who flaunt their bodies do have a few things in common:
- All are beautiful in their own way, aligning with different concepts of “beauty.”
- In reality, these bodies are not always “perfect”, but are airbrushed or turned to show and emphasize their best angles.
- No matter what the shape of their body, it is healthy and toned. Here’s a perfect example – the four women on Fashion Police: each one is immaculately groomed and each one is completely different from the other. Giuliana Ransic has not even one ounce of body fat; Melissa Rivers is a little bit zaftig; Nene Leekes is a large beautiful black woman; Margaret Chou is not a traditionally beautiful Asian woman. But they all look awesome because they look healthy, are well groomed and have glowing skin.
All of that said, we here at the Aesthetic Skin & Laser Center want to help you look your best, whatever your body type or weight.
Let’s be honest. No matter what body type you are…. no matter how healthy your diet…. no matter how much you exercise …. you may still end up with parts of your body that you don’t love. Maybe your midriff is recalcitrant to endless sit-ups…. maybe the cellulite on your thighs is your downfall…. or maybe it’s your upper arms.
The point is, most of us have one or more trouble spots, no matter how much we’ve come to accept that our body type is fixed by genetics. And this is where we can help.
At the Aesthetic Skin & Laser Center we have various types of lasers and cutting edge technologies that can help you feel great about how you look.
We encourage you to adopt a healthy lifestyle, if you haven’t already, and to consider a body contouring treatment to help you reach your goals:
SculpSure Body Contouring – A 25-minute session can help you eliminate pockets of fat on your abdomen, thighs, arms or other areas that are resistant to exercise and diet.
SlimLipo – This cutting edge laser assisted liposuction will help you slim and reshape.
Stretchmark Correction – If you have stretch marks from childbirth or weight fluctuations, our laser and light-based treatments can give you a smoother and younger looking appearance.
Viora Reaction – This radiofrequency device can assist in tightening your skin, contouring your body and reducing your cellulite.
Please visit our website to learn more about each of these procedures or call today to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help you optimize your appearance in 2017.